Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fat March

I found myself in downtown Orlando on Fat Tuesday trying to find not only a place to eat but a place to park. On the city overview on my GPS there must be at least 8 tiny beer mugs per block. Put the two together and I had resided myself to going hungry, except i had my best beloved with me so i had to feed her. I finally found a parking garage via an alley, I'm not sure how i wondered down. First half hour is FREE!!! We found a taco chain that the name escapes me at the moment. They had a Tuesday special (not in honor of Fat Tuesday, just cuz it was Tuesday) that was pretty good.

Best Beloved is the youngest among all her friends, so there has been talk of her 21st birthday. When they can finally ALL go out drinking. She has decided to go to Orlando for a pub crawl, she said they wouldn't have far to crawl. I told her if it came to fruition that i would reserve two 2 bedroom suites for them all at the "vacation club" we have in Orlando (which is where we where staying, we went to see WICKED). For now I have 5 and a half years before i have to worry about that.

Anyway, the whole point of this blog, FAT MARCH.

I was not real sure of why or what Fat Tuesday is, so i looked it up. Mardi Gras IS Fat Tuesday. I always thought that Fat Tuesday was the end of Mardi Gras. That Mardi Gras was this celebration that stretched on for a week or more, but i discovered that it is only one day. It is the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday, aka the first day of Lent. I'm not Catholic or whatever you are when you observe Lent but I know that you give up something for 40 day until Easter. So back in the day the people would gorge themselves the day before the beginning of the fasting that began on Ash Wednesday.

Now with all that said, my family and I went on vacation March 17th - March 25th. I have been saying for, well, ever, that I'm gonna go on a diet, live style change, whatever. I figured that i could make this my FAT MARCH. Gorge and glutton myself all vacation long and not worry or feel guilty at all because I'm gonna get my shit together by April 1st. I was so excited at my Fat March invention!! Sunday March 20th we ALL get a bug. If you're not barfing, your trotting back & forth to the pot. For some unfortunate soles it was both. Needless to say i just had my first full meal today. Now that I'm back home, I'm not in the mood to pig out until the 1st. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel like exercising either. I guess I'm just saying that I'm feeling ready to make a change.

This time I'm really gonna do it.

For Real. . . .

No comments: